BioLib aims to map existing C and C++ libraries against a plethora of computer languages used in bioinformatics - like Perl, Ruby, Python and JAVA, the so-called Bio* languages. This to prevent duplication of effort and encourage writing of low-level libraries.
There is a lot of functionality out there that can be mapped against the Bio* languages. If you have a pressing need for some functionality please ask for it(!) With luck we can help out quickly. The following questions need to be answered:
- What C/C++ library do you want to have mapped?
- What specific methods/functions do you need from that library?
- Against which Bio* language (Perl, Ruby, etc.)?
- What OS/distribution are you using (Linux, OSX, Windows)?
- When do you really need it?
You can post to pjotr.public01 .at. thebird.nl, or (better) on the mailing list.